সোমবার, ২৭ নভেম্বর, ২০১৭

Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Survival Knife

The Ka-Bar Becker BK2 "Companion" survival cut is dissolving the hearts of extreme, rough folks all over the place. Everyone cherishes the BK2 (and more current Becker BK22). Me? I used to be a piece of everyone … except then my affection went chilly. Presently I'm a previous BK2 proprietor. Here's the reason.

I was searching for a littler, universally handy survival cut, something with a sharp edge under 6? that could live on my hip and be squeezed into any administration, from kitchen obligation to flame obligation, from fine cutting to overwhelming cleaving. Faltering around on Amazon I ended up perusing audits for the Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion … stellar surveys. Incredible audits. Enough stars to fill a late spring sky.

At that point, I headed toward YouTube, where the video surveys of the BK2 in real life fixed my destiny. I'd discovered the main blade I'd require in the wild, and the sound of its name began influencing my heart to pulsate quicker: Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion. Before the evening was finished, I had a request affirmation in my Inbox and the following number of my bookmarks.

I, for the most part, love Amazon Prime, yet every once in for a spell I arrange something that influences two days to feel like an unfathomable length of time. This time it felt like two endless time periods. My better half idea so as well — I destroyed her speaking constantly about the Becker BK2, my astonishing find. (Truly, she began feeling somewhat desirous.)

Quick forward to the minute, I lifted the Ka-Bar Becker BK2 out of the container. The grasp and forward adjust captivated me. "Wow … this is heavy!" Yup. An entire pound of weighty. A 1/4? Section of high-carbon steel sort of weighty. Pry-bar heavy.

I went straight to the carport with the Becker BK2, hacked up a 2×4, split up a cluster of wood scraps, and knew I required an end of the week away with my new smash.

The precise one weekend from now I headed up into the mountains outdoors with my scouts, and my new Becker BK2 rode on my belt the entire end of the week.

When the time had come to assemble the fire, I couldn't hold up to demonstrate to the scout's proper methodologies to hack and split wood with a blade rather than an ax. Out came the Becker BK2 to the oohs and ahhs of the young men, who fell into battling with each other over who got the opportunity to attempt it first.

One by one, they had a go at slashing some dead pine and fir. The BK2 cleaved … enough. Practically. The young men had an awesome time, yet I could tell the proficiency wasn't there. At that point, we dove into the part. With its 1/4? Wedge shape, this current thing's a splitter … to a point. Be that as it may, once the wood begins developing past 6-7?, the BK2's squat sharp edge can just snack at the edges.

Presently I felt some failure sneaking in. The BK2 wasn't the best chopper on the planet, and it attempted to stay aware of the part we required. Just not exactly enough edge. Ideally, it had a sweet spot to parade on the flip side of the range.

Once we'd heaped up enough wood for the night the young men took off to play take the-hail. I exploited the tranquil minute to get somewhat more private with the Becker BK2's better capacities, perhaps observe what sort of artfulness it was able to do.

Initial, a quill stick. It took a smidgen of testing before I found a decent point and shaved some respectable twists. The BK2 could deal with the activity, however with its 1/4? Sharp edge, I felt about as much control as I get from a decent ax. Tolerable, yet not at all like a more slender sharp edge gives me. Next, I moved to honing deadfall traps. What's more, by and by, I found the BK2's thick geometry and forward-substantial plan transforming what ought to have been a rich move into an ungainly chaos.

At that point, as though sent in by Fate to flatten me, the young men returned running into camp requesting help was opening their supper bundles. This time, I delayed. Something within me flinched at the possibility of hauling out that hunk of steel to cut open a fragile plastic wrapper.

As the end of the week wore on, I felt that blade on my belt to an ever-increasing extent. When I had grabbed the Becker Bk2 out of the blue, I was starry-looked at its weight, certainty inciting heave. Hop forward to a few days of bearing that weight on my belt, continually pulling at my jeans, and the appeal blurred quick. Each minute I conveyed that blade it did its best to remind me it was there.

Did you ever really like a woman, just to wind up bothered at how clingy she ended up being? That woman was my Becker BK2. Before the weekend's over, it had pulled and pulled and asked for my consideration so unremittingly that I felt irritated at it. If a blade can be "clingy" the Becker BK2 was clingy.
Like you more read:
1.What are the best bushcraft blades?
2.Tips On Choosing The Best Bushcraft Knife
3.Best Bushcraft Knives on a Budget
4.Benchmade Bushcrafter Knife
5.Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন